January 17, 2019
CLASSIFICATION: Hourly, Part-Time, 1 year term position, with possibility of extension
About HAPEC: The Housing Assistance Program of Essex County (HAPEC) is a non-profit organization nestled in Elizabethtown of Essex County, New York. The office is located directly across from a seasonal farmer’s market, and is a block from the Essex County Government offices.
HAPEC’s mission is to improve housing quality, availability and affordability and promote healthy communities that meet the needs of their citizenry in the Adirondack region – principally Clinton, Essex, Franklin and Hamilton Counties. HAPEC does so through by providing housing and community development programs that seek to improve housing affordability and alleviate economic distress.
For those not familiar with Elizabethtown, it is located between the Adirondack High Peaks, a half an hour drive from Lake Placid, and a shorter drive to historic villages along Lake Champlain. It is equidistant from Plattsburgh and Schroon Lake, New York just off the I-87 Northway. Elizabeth is a walkable, bike able town within the Adirondack Park. It is bordered by mountains, rivers, and farms with nearby hiking and biking trails, and farm stands.
Tech Assistant General Duties:
This is a new, professional, part time, term position developed primarily to assist with the adoption of a custom designed Salesforce software program tailored to HAPEC’s non-profit needs. This position requires information technology and business office skills. The chosen candidate will be expected to operate in a professional manner, maintain confidentiality of sensitive client information, and provide excellent customer service. This position will be under the supervision of the Community Development Director.
- Assist in the installation, implementation, and maintenance of Salesforce software
- Complete Salesforce Trainings online or in person (upon availability)
- Perform data entry to input client information
- Perform the transfers of information from one software program to another
Additional duties may also include:
- Assist in the rollout of the organization’s social media plan
- Assist in website updates and design
- Answering phones
- Assisting in home rehab general office work
- Compile internal “how to” guides
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities required:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with database management
- General office organization
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to take direction, as well as be a self-motivator
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and CounselorMax systems is a plus
- Associates Degree, or 2 years toward a degree program in computer science, software/ database management, social media, marketing, or similar area of study.
- A minimum of 6 months relevant job experience, or a combination of education and job experience may be considered
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Exchange (Outlook ) for electronic communications, and exposure to database management
Please submit your application consisting of a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to be received no later than February 4, 2019, at 4:30 p.m. via email@example.com, or mail to the attention of the Hiring Committee of HAPEC, P.O. Box 157, Elizabethtown, New York 12932.