July 13, 2017
The Housing Assistance Program of Essex County, Inc. is looking to hire a full-time, salaried Community Development Director. The Community Development Director answers directly to the Executive Director. Duties and responsibilities include those listed below:
- Administer state and federally funded housing programs.
- Develops new applications for federal and state funding for housing and other programs/foundations as assigned.
- Assists local communities in all activities related to the administration of the CDBG program including acquisition and relocation policies as well as environmental review clearances.
- Management of personnel assigned to community development projects including recruitment, training, scheduling, evaluation, and supervision.
- Manage and provide all required reports. Maintain all files as required.
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, guidelines, and policies relevant to community development operations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in planning, public administration, business or related field of study which is supplemented by experience in housing and community development. A Master’s Degree in Planning or Public Administration may be substituted for 1 year of working experience.
- Ability to present program information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, at individual and public forums.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public officials and other community groups.
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of housing and community development.
- Strong sense of customer service, both internal and external.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team effort.
- Ability to maintain accurate, clear and complete records of assigned program activities and client case files.
- Individual must be organized, self-motivated, and comfortable in an online environment.
- Strong computer skills for a software application environment. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new systems.
- Ability to actively engage with senior management and key personnel
How to Apply:
Please submit letter of interest and resume to: Executive Director via fax (518) 873-9102 or mail to P.O. Box 157, Elizabethtown, NY 12932
HAPEC is an equal opportunity employer. HUD Section 3 eligible applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be received no later than the close of business on September 8, 2017.